Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID Disappeared

It looks like someone hacked my account and changed my apple ID to something else

I received an email saying:

Dear MyFirstName MyLastName,

The following changes to your Apple ID, MyAppleId were made on December 1, 2015 at 5:12:36 AM (GMT):

Apple ID

Email address(es)

If you did not make these changes or you believe an unauthorized person has accessed your account, you should change your password as soon as possible from your Apple ID account page at https://appleid.apple.com.

Apple Support

followed by

Dear MyFirstName MyLastName,

Your Apple ID, NotMyAppleId, was just used to download YY-全民直播,视频聊天交友娱乐秀场 from the App Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID. You may also be receiving this email if you reset your password since your last purchase.

If you initiated this download, you can disregard this email. It was only sent to alert you in case you did not initiate the download yourself.

If you did not initiate this download, we recommend that you go to iforgot.apple.com to change your password, then see Apple ID: Security and your Apple ID for further assistance.

Regards,

Apple

I tried going to the apple store to change my password, but my apple id does not seem to exist anymore and all my apple devices are logged off my account. I sent a report to Apple (but won't answer me until they are ready) and put my credit card on notice about purchases from iTunes or Apple. What can I do? This happened like an hour ago.

17" MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 10:27 PM

3 replies

Dec 1, 2015 8:38 AM in response to lloyd_93

For newer accounts, your apple ID is also your main email address, so the person that hacked my account changed both in one shot. And also changed my security questions to something in Chinese. And drained my iTunes balance (bought $69+ worth of stuff).

I scheduled a call with tech support and it took over 1 hour to get most things corrected. Still waiting for a refund on the $69-worth of unauthorized transactions.

Best of luck, the person helping me was both knowledgeable and patient.

Dec 7, 2015 9:01 PM in response to thegomezsymbol

same thing just happened to me.

got an email saying the apple ID email was changed

then i got an email saying:

Your Apple ID, rdrbnb@sina.com, NOT MY APPLE ID was just used to download YY-全民直播,视频语音聊天交友秀场 from the App Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID. You may also be receiving this email if you reset your password since your last purchase.

i tried logging in with that new email address and my existing password and it actually worked.

i was able to switch my account to another email address and then change my password on the quick

the security questions are in chinese and a random payment method is showing now.

the attack occurred right before their support hours ended.

i had 100 dollars in credit and 4 rentals in my account and all are still there as of right now

My Apple ID Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.