Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Juddering Airplay Apple TV keynote animations on Macbook Pro but fine via iPhone.

Hi,

I've got an HD TV in our office for presentation use.

It is a 3rd Gen Apple TV hard wired into a Gbit ethernet network.

I'm using WiFi on a 2014 Macbook Pro running Yosemite to Airplay a Keynote presentation to the apple TV and it is really juddering (so bad it is unusable) as it transitions between slides.

I've tried turning my firewall off on mac. Wifi strength is good (wireless access point is in the same room). Tried turning everything on and off again!

The odd thing is that I can Airplay the same Keynote from my iPhone 6 over WiFi and it is perfect and smooth.

I've tried hard wiring the mac book into the ethernet network and it works fine so it just seems to be a WiFi issue. I really want this to work wirelessly.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

AppleTV 2, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 1:41 AM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2015 5:57 AM in response to PhilRayfield

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
  2. Check that both devices are on the same network (System Preferences > Network, on the Mac and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
  3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  5. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  6. Restart your computer.

If you are still having problems, try turning off bluetooth if it's enabled, also try using 802.11n for wifi if you are currently using either 802.11b or 802.11g.

Additionally, the following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting AirPlay

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this pagehelpful.

Juddering Airplay Apple TV keynote animations on Macbook Pro but fine via iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.