Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stopping safari redirect to ebay app

I'm on IOS 9.1 and my iPad has the eBay app. If someone with another account wants to use eBay on my iPad they will use Safari. However if they click on links within messages. They get redirected to the eBay app. Is there anyway to disable this. I've tried a few workarounds on the web like app restrictions/safari browser history/cache cleardown. None have worked. Any suggestions.

iPad 2, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2015 5:12 AM

IT is time for eBay to disable this feature or provide disable function. I spoke with their tech support agent and was told that the only way to disable the redirects is to sign out of your iOS device while surfing the eBay site on a browser Or deleting the app. I use the app for listing items and I will simultaneously surf the website for other items like the one I am listing. of course when I attempt to move from the initial search result page to anywhere else on the site I'm redirected. The information and view in the iOS app is totally (just in case someone at eBay is reading this, I say TOTALLY) unacceptable for my research needs. The annoyance factor here is off the charts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2015 5:12 AM in response to katedav

IT is time for eBay to disable this feature or provide disable function. I spoke with their tech support agent and was told that the only way to disable the redirects is to sign out of your iOS device while surfing the eBay site on a browser Or deleting the app. I use the app for listing items and I will simultaneously surf the website for other items like the one I am listing. of course when I attempt to move from the initial search result page to anywhere else on the site I'm redirected. The information and view in the iOS app is totally (just in case someone at eBay is reading this, I say TOTALLY) unacceptable for my research needs. The annoyance factor here is off the charts.

Stopping safari redirect to ebay app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.