Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sms on iPad pro

Brand new iPad Pro. No sms at all. Have done all the normal things....Apple account all set, iMessage on, numbers associated, just never shows up. Have forced restarted, reset network settings, then reset all, then restored...nothing works. No sms options ever appear. Anyone have this issue or know what to do?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2017 1:49 PM

Mark, you are an angel! What a sinple solution. Believe it or not I was on the phone with Apple for hours with 3 or 4 different people, even one senior advisor, 2 factory resets, one hour with ATT my service provider, none of whom could tell me this answer. Works like a charm. I am so grateful to you.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2017 1:49 PM in response to Mark28601

Mark, you are an angel! What a sinple solution. Believe it or not I was on the phone with Apple for hours with 3 or 4 different people, even one senior advisor, 2 factory resets, one hour with ATT my service provider, none of whom could tell me this answer. Works like a charm. I am so grateful to you.

Dec 1, 2015 6:20 AM in response to gig

gig wrote:

Not so. My iPad Air has it and I've been using that since it came out.

should add that this is the full iPad pro with cellular...

Yes, it has a cellular DATA capability. SMS messaging however, requires a cellular VOICE capability as those texts are sent over the cell phone voice channel.

No matter what you may think you've been doing before, NO iPad model had or has the capability to send SMS text messages natively. They can do so when paired with an iPhone using iOS's continuity feature - Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support and there have long been apps in the App Store that allow an iPad to send SMS texts via Internet relays.

No sms on iPad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.