Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The create new paragraph style button doesn't work for me, is this a bug or something idiotic that I've done?

The create new paragraph style button doesn't work for me, is this a bug or something idiotic that I've done?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 6:43 AM

Pages v5.6.1 on El Capitan 10.11.1.

I just created an indented quotation using ITC Garamond Book Italic with altered left and right margins. While selected, I clicked the + symbol in the Paragraph Styles pop-up, named the new style Indented Quotation, and pressed return.

While still selected in the document body, I applied the Body Paragraph Style to restore normal formatting, and then with the text selected again, applied the Indented Quotation Paragraph Style — which worked as expected.

If you want your new Paragraph Style to survive across documents, you will need to save it into a template. You can also have two different Pages documents open in Pages v5.6.1, and copy/paste custom styles between selected text in these documents by using the Format menu.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 6:43 AM in response to NStraz

Pages v5.6.1 on El Capitan 10.11.1.

I just created an indented quotation using ITC Garamond Book Italic with altered left and right margins. While selected, I clicked the + symbol in the Paragraph Styles pop-up, named the new style Indented Quotation, and pressed return.

While still selected in the document body, I applied the Body Paragraph Style to restore normal formatting, and then with the text selected again, applied the Indented Quotation Paragraph Style — which worked as expected.

If you want your new Paragraph Style to survive across documents, you will need to save it into a template. You can also have two different Pages documents open in Pages v5.6.1, and copy/paste custom styles between selected text in these documents by using the Format menu.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.