Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home automation system installation on Mac

I have apple mac book pro and I would like to know if I can get my home security system installed on my personal computer. Does this work well with Mac OS?

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:09 AM

4 replies

Dec 2, 2015 10:41 AM in response to apple733

I would suggest that you contact the security company. Grill them about their services working w/Macs.

Check out EZJim’s website “iSight as a surveillance or Nanny cam” which can be found HERE.

EZJim is the expert when it comes to iSight & security cams. He hangs out in the iSight forum. Will request that a HOST transfer your post there. This way EZJim will spot your post.

User uploaded file

Dec 3, 2015 10:11 AM in response to apple733

apple733 wrote:.. I would like to know if I can get my home security system installed on my personal computer...

The link you give is to "PROTECTION PLUS" which appears to be a company that offers customized installations of various security hardware and software components. I see no mention of iSight or other Mac cameras in their pages. ThePROTECTION PLUSFAQs do assert that you can have access to smart phone Apps and computer software to view your cameras remotely. However, they seem to refer to their own system cameras rather than to Mac cams.

You could create your own surveillance system with Mac apps like SecuritySpy or EvoCam. However, your choice of"PROTECTION PLUS" leads me to think that you want professional help or a more comprehensive system than is easily accomplished on a single Mac. If you decide to stay with"PROTECTION PLUS", I completely agree with BabyBoomer that "PROTECTION PLUS" is the best source for the answers to your questions.

In the meantime, because I see no connection between your home system and Apple iSight cameras, I have asked the Hosts to move your question to MacBook Pro discussions. Perhaps someone there with PROTECTION PLUS experience can validate the specific answers that the PROTECTION PLUS personnel give you.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.11.1

Dec 3, 2015 10:19 AM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

Baby Boomer (USofA) wrote:... Will request that a HOST transfer your post ... This way EZJim will spot your post....

Thanks for the kind words, Boomer.

I completely agree that this OP's best answers will likely come from his vendor.

For your future consideration, I search the entire Apple boards for camera questions. Therefore, there is no need to request that Hosts move "camera" questions here in order for me to see them.

Best Regards,

EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.11.1

Dec 3, 2015 2:33 PM in response to EZ Jim

EZ Jim wrote:

Baby Boomer (USofA) wrote:... Will request that a HOST transfer your post ... This way EZJim will spot your post....

Thanks for the kind words, Boomer.

I search the entire Apple boards for camera questions. Therefore, there is no need to request that Hosts move "camera" questions here in order for me to see them.

Best Regards,

EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.11.1

You're very welcome Jim! Also, thanks for the heads up!

User uploaded file

Home automation system installation on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.