Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple cut my iCloud service, Mail stopped, and it's not restoring

Chase declined my iCloud payment after we moved, because I didn't realize I had to change my address in iCloud System Preferences. Mail stopped last night (14 hours ago) and when I got up this morning I fixed the payment information.

I expected that Mail from the last 14 hours would then "restore," but it's not.

Has Apple thrown away 14 hours of email?

I can't call Apple support, because they now require appointments, and I will be in an appointment when the first time is available. Then I'll be out doing errands. Am I going to lose more mail?

This is very poor service from Apple. They cut me off in a nano-second. Even though the problem goes back to October 30, their first email came yesterday, right before they cut me off.

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:29 AM

6 replies

Dec 1, 2015 6:19 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

QuickTimeKirk wrote:

iCloud is free and you only pay for extra storage space.

If your credit card was denied then your account reverted to the basic 5 GB free plan and unless you have ore than that in email your mail isn't sopped.

Just out of curiosity and for my learning, what happens if the individual has over that amount of mail and there are issues with their iCloud payment? What happens to the mail? Does it stop coming into one's account?

Dec 1, 2015 9:39 AM in response to venustas

Thanks for the replies. I guess my question wasn't clear.

Here are some clarifications:

• This morning I changed my address in iCloud preferences and Chase approved the charge, so I am back to 50 gigs of storage.
  • 5 hours later, I have no mail from the period between 5 pm (when Apple sent me an email explaining the problem) and 7 am (when I entered the new address). As far as I can tell, Apple sent that email into the ether, without saving any of it.
  • At 7 am eastern time, Apple Support was NOT talking calls. The options were to make an appointment or to call later. I was out from 7:30 until a few minutes ago, so neither of those options worked for me this morning.

Dec 1, 2015 10:19 AM in response to venustas

venustas wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I guess my question wasn't clear.

Here are some clarifications:

• This morning I changed my address in iCloud preferences and Chase approved the charge, so I am back to 50 gigs of storage.
  • 5 hours later, I have no mail from the period between 5 pm (when Apple sent me an email explaining the problem) and 7 am (when I entered the new address). As far as I can tell, Apple sent that email into the ether, without saving any of it.
  • At 7 am eastern time, Apple Support was NOT talking calls. The options were to make an appointment or to call later. I was out from 7:30 until a few minutes ago, so neither of those options worked for me this morning.

I'm guessing if you haven't seen any of your emails from the period of 1700 and 0700, then I believe they're lost.

Apple cut my iCloud service, Mail stopped, and it's not restoring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.