Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with receiving Apple ID account change notifications

I was changing the password and recovery key to my Apple ID tonight. Every other time I've done this, I receive a notification email for both password and recovery key changes and then another notification email is sent to my secondary email about the recovery key.

However, after I did this and logged back into both email accounts (I had changed passwords for these email accounts about five minutes earlier before making the Apple ID changes), there was only one email notifying me about the password change in my primary email's inbox, and no email about the recovery key change in my secondary email's inbox.

Is there a chance that somehow, in this one case, Apple did not send me an email regarding the recovery key change? I've tested this issue out after and I've received all email notifications I expect to receive when I change my Apple ID password and recovery key with no issue. Or is someone most likely trying to mess with me?

I did this all on a Macbook with a recently erased drive and a reinstalled OS via Internet Recovery. I am (overly?) paranoid about the security of my machine ever since a couple of months ago, someone phished a password of mine on an old Macbook.

Both emails come from **********, but the reply-to email addresses are different ********** for the password email, ********** for the recovery key email).

<Email Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:38 AM

There are no replies.

Issue with receiving Apple ID account change notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.