Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5s battery drain due to low signal

My battery was 100% charged when I went to bed and dead this morning as in 0 zero! 60% of battery usage was low signal. I have a connection issue with this phone to ATT network. My other 4 iPhones work fine so it is not the location. I use wifi mainly My phone drains at work also. I have been told that I can turn the phone in for a replacement but I only have 10 days left on warranty. Is that the only solution? Is there any other way to fix this problem?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2015 3:53 AM

As long as it is still covered by the warranty, let Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider check the phone.

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone.

If the phone works as normal, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2015 3:53 AM in response to frustrated in little rock

As long as it is still covered by the warranty, let Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider check the phone.

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone.

If the phone works as normal, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

5s battery drain due to low signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.