Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer message from iPad Mini to Macbook Pro

Yesterday I was writing an email on my iPad Mini. My girlfriend was on her Macbook Pro in the other room. Whilst I typed a new email message it suddenly disappeared! My girlfriend said that she had the message on the screen of the Macbook! H'mm, she said that she tapped the mail App when it started to bounce up and down. And so that was what had happened. But we could not send the mail that was being written back to the iPad Mini. So, we swapped places!

However, is it possible to transfer a new message (while writing it) from the Macbook Pro to the iPad Mini?

Thanks for your time 🙂

iMac, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:57 AM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2015 1:07 PM in response to patongandy

Good day patongandy,

It sounds like you and your girlfriend were using Continuity and that email got transferred from your iPad to her MacBook Pro. You can use the same methods to send it back. See this article - Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. In particular see the section on Handoff.

Specifically -

Use Handoff

1. On one of your devices, open a compatible app, like Mail or Pages.
  2. Use the app to start a task, like writing an email or a document.
  3. Then you can switch to a different iOS device or Mac. If you switch to a Mac, you can press Command-Tab to pick up where you left off, or you can click the app icon in your Dock:
    User uploaded file
    If you switch to a different iOS device, there are two ways to pick up where you left off:

User uploaded file

You can swipe up from the bottom-left edge of the Lock screen, where you see the app’s activity icon User uploaded file .

User uploaded file

Or if you aren't on the Lock screen, double-click the Home button. On the multitasking screen that appears, tap the banner at the bottom of your screen.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

How to transfer message from iPad Mini to Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.