Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete some of the data in the time capsule

Can I just delete back up data in the time capsule before a certain date?

Time Capsule-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 8:09 PM

No, it is nearly impossible to mess with the TM backup. If you do the chances of having usable backups is minimal. You can try limiting the size of the sparsebundle.. but you cannot go backwards.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve.. perhaps spell that out.. but if your TC disk is full, my recommendation is to archive the existing backups to USB drive plugged into the TC.. this is available via the airport utility disk tab..

Then erase the TC.. also on the disk tab.

And start new backups for all your computer/s.

User uploaded file

Once you have a few months worth of backups the usb drive can be erased as the chances of needing an old file is very unlikely. Up to you though.. you can keep it forever if you want.. or at least until the drive dies.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 8:09 PM in response to Daveyao21

No, it is nearly impossible to mess with the TM backup. If you do the chances of having usable backups is minimal. You can try limiting the size of the sparsebundle.. but you cannot go backwards.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve.. perhaps spell that out.. but if your TC disk is full, my recommendation is to archive the existing backups to USB drive plugged into the TC.. this is available via the airport utility disk tab..

Then erase the TC.. also on the disk tab.

And start new backups for all your computer/s.

User uploaded file

Once you have a few months worth of backups the usb drive can be erased as the chances of needing an old file is very unlikely. Up to you though.. you can keep it forever if you want.. or at least until the drive dies.

how to delete some of the data in the time capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.