Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini 2 cellular stops charging after 9.1 update.

Here's how it all happened, I was using my iPad just normally then updated it to 9.1 while on charge(plugged on to the wall). then after about 5 minutes of working iOS9.1 I noticed even though the charging symbol is shown and plugged on to the wall my iPad was draining battery, then I unplugged the lightening cable plugged it back in then came a message saying "this cable or accessory is not supported blah blah blah.." I'm using original apple cable and charger came with the iPad.

Me assuming the problem should be the cable I bought a new lightening cable (genuine) from an Apple retailer(authorized to sell Apple products).. The ipad was only able to show the 0% battery icon with the lightening connector because the battery has no more charge left for a boot. Then I plugged my new lightening cable and tried giving a go... The iPad didn't even detect the connection(no indication of charging) so I tried the USB on my computer, same story.

What to do to fix this issue? I've got no more warranty left for the device. And all this happened after minutes after iOS9.1 update. Previously the device was on 9.0.2.. I can't get it to turn on, all it does is show me a low battery..I left my device for about 2 hours now on charge still nothing... Any help from you guys is greatly appreciated.

-Thanks!

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.1, Not charging

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 3:35 AM

2 replies

Dec 2, 2015 1:00 PM in response to Raptor599

Hello, Raptor599.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I see you are receiving an alert indicating, “This accessory is not supported by this device.” Since you have attempted charging with a different cable, check the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris, then reconnect the USB cable.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are still unable to charge your iPad mini, please see the Get more help section in the article above.

Cheers

Dec 3, 2015 6:34 PM in response to jason269

Hello!

Yes I cleared out anything that was in the lightening connector, I have two cables one a recently purchased lightening cable (purchased last week) and the one came with the iPad. Even after clearing out the port (there wasn't any lint stuck though I checked it with a torch too when I was seeing nothing coming out of the lightening port when I was cleaning it) ..

I cleaned and cleaned about 4 times yet come across the iPad to not charge even when plugged in. Now my iPad is dead it hasn't even got power to show me a low battery logo... As we speak it's plugged in to the wall right now nothing is happening black screen is all there is to it.. 😟 😟

Yes I tried my computer USB too it didn't charge that either, my USB is powerful enough to charge iPad I've done that previously one time.

And it gets worst, cant get it in Recovery mode or anything since it's battery is so low. at the time when it had power to show me the battery low logo and lightening connector logo above the home button, When my ipad used to work when I plug the lightening cable in the lightening cable logo dissappears on the screen THAT DOESN'T work anymore logo stayed shown. So the conclusion I think is iPad is not knowing it's got the charger in for some reason.. iOS 9.1 update? all that happened after approx. 5mins in to update of iOS9.1 ..

I live in Sri Lanka and I bought the iPad from Authorized store which you guys had listed as authorized stores on APPLE site, I checked all that to make sure I was getting genuine stuff which I did. However my iPad is out of warranty, literally 3 months after warranty iPad breaks down.. 😟 I'm so frustrated.

Please if there's something to do just ask me I'll do whatever it is that you guys require me to fix my iPad.. I know kinda to tinker around stuff.

-Thank you!

iPad mini 2 cellular stops charging after 9.1 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.