Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep, log out, and shut down shortcuts

Is just me that thinks that the "Sleep, log out, and shut down shortcuts are simply a mess"?

Command–Control–Power buttonForce your Mac to restart.
Command–Option–Power buttonPut your Mac to sleep.
Shift–Control–Power buttonPut your displays to sleep.
Command–Control–Power buttonQuit all apps, then restart your Mac. If any open documents have unsaved changes, you'll be asked whether you want to save them.

Source: Mac keyboard shortcuts - Apple Support

As you can seen you just need to blink your eyes to do the wrong action... There is just anyone in the world that thinks this is a good idea?

Where I can change this shortcuts?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 5:35 AM

3 replies

Dec 2, 2015 2:24 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

First let me show you the meaning of SHORTCUT, you can confirm on every dictionary on earth: "Amoredirectroutethanthecustomaryone."

So if you got the picture the idea behind using a shortcut is to do a sequence of user actions in this case (keyboard shortcut) with only a set of keys. So what I want is to modify this messy shortcuts that someone think that are user friendly...

@Malcom Shift-Option-Command-Q is one more key and I have to use the mouse... this is not a shortcut at all!

@Grant This is a mac book air there is no Eject button here and again I have to use the mouse... this is not a shortcut at all!

Sleep, log out, and shut down shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.