Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID won't sign in on computer on El Caption update

I have been prompt to login to my apple ID (since I updated to El Caption) on both iTunes and the Mac app store, but every time I enter my cridentials it just sits there loading. I have even left it loading for 24 hours straight, any ideas on how ti fix this??

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 5:47 AM

3 replies

Dec 2, 2015 2:02 PM in response to Zydenbos

Hi Zydenbos,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your El Capitan upgrade. If you are having issues connecting or logging in to the iTunes Store/Mac App Store, and you are not otherwise having issues with your Apple ID (for example, you can log in at My Apple ID without issue), you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting - Apple Support

Regards

Dec 26, 2015 11:49 PM in response to brenden dv

Thank you with the help on this topic. I have tried the suggestions you have provided, but these suggestions mainly want me to update all my software and I try to but confront the same issue when prompted for my Apple ID in the mac app store. Once I have entered my credentials it sits there loading continuously, like in the image below.User uploaded file

Dec 30, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Zydenbos

Hi Zydenbos,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Community. I'm sorry to hear you are still having these issues with your Mac. Given the nature of the issues you are describing and your current configuration, you may be better served by reaching out to one of Apple's other available resources for more direct assistance - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Regards

Apple ID won't sign in on computer on El Caption update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.