Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating the latest version of iTunes fail..

I recently bought an iPhone 6s Plus. So when I tried plugging it in my computer (Windows 7 64-bit), it said on my iTunes that I need to update my iTunes to the latest version. So I installed it. But when I am trying to open my iTunes, this always pop-up on my screen (photo attached). So I am needing your help guys.

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 5:50 AM

9 replies

Dec 1, 2015 5:53 AM in response to Lohi20

This type of error may be fixed by deleting the offending dll, then repairing the component it is part of from the programs and features control panel. CoreAudioToolbox.dll is part of Apple Application Support and can normally be found in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

If the issue persists and you have a 64-bit system try the for older video cards version which is a 64-bit installer for mostly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes up to 12.1.

tt2

Dec 1, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Lohi20

I would recommend that you try it if you have a 64-bit system and the regular version isn't installing. It is a 64-bit installer for the current 32-bit core application, a similar package to all 64-bit releases of iTunes up until iTunes 12.1. A number of users have had success with it. It might not work, but if you don't try you will never know.

tt2

Updating the latest version of iTunes fail..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.