Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro crashed can't get to system restore.

Hello, my MacBook Pro just crashed and for some reason using command r does not open OS X Utilities with reboot. When I do this the progress bar goes about half way then the screen goes white/gray but nothing else. I am running Yosemite by the way.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 7:47 AM

Have you tried booting holding the OPTION + COMMAND + R keys? If successful, you will be connected to the Apple servers. Then you can try Disk Utility>First Aid from the 4 option menu. You will need a solid Internet connection.

Ciao.

11 replies

Dec 1, 2015 1:47 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

Hello, it seems that you know a lot , so may you please help me ? I was updating a program on my Mac pro OS the Capitan then after it done updating and after using the program the lap shut down saying there was a problem so it needed to shut down. but till no I am trying to reboot but it doesn't login to my account it always have the loading page but never goes to my desktop . Do u recommend anything to do I have tried Command+ R , pressing Shift , Alt and reinstalling but nothing work.. Need Help, Please ?

Dec 1, 2015 5:14 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

I seem to have jumped the gun so to speak. So ... First, I guess I didn't explain well enough (it didn't seem like it mattered so I just dropped it) but just in case it does matter, when I said it was weird that it didn't work the first time there was more to it. I was speaking of it not working the first try with the Command + Shift + R which by the way happened again the next time (further detail provided). Now to update as to why I must have jumped the gun; I didn't go through the Disk Utility, I perhaps erroneously didn't follow your directions directly. I instead just did a system restore through a time machine back-up. To jump ahead for a sec, I said perhaps erroneously because I ran into the same problem again before I finished downloading all the updates since my last back-up. Getting back to it, when it happened again, I tried to use the Disk Utility option but it came up with no errors. So where I am now is awaiting the system to restore from back-up once again. For a noticed possible cause effect, I was at both times running a couple programs (not the same both times) but the one constant was during both crashes I was streaming from CTV online. I am unsure whether this is an actual cause but more info means better diagnosis right. Do you have any idea what could be causing this to happen repeatedly?

MacBook Pro crashed can't get to system restore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.