Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google search results do not show in Safari browser history

Hi, I can't say when it started but I'm noticing that if I use my default search provider, Google, to go find this or that, once the results page comes up and I click on one of the links and go read whatever, if I then want to come back to that same search results page, it is no where to be found. The BACK button takes me back to whatever page I was on just before I did the search and the browers HISTORY likewise does not show any Google serach results page in its listing.

I think that's something sort of new (??) because I've returned to search results for years, at least I believe that's been the case. But in more recent times, that search page vanishes and I have to go search again for say a second link and then a third and so forth. That certainly doesn't seem right. I checked for obvious preference settings in Safari but didn't find anything obvious that might be causing this.

Can anyone tell me why Google search pages (or perhaps any search page, haven't tried anything but Google) are NOT showing up in my browser HISTORY file which precludes me from returning to search results easily???

BTW, I'm running version 9.0.1 of Safari.

thanks..

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:20 AM

Click "History" menu in the Safari menu bar and then select "Search Results Snapback".

User uploaded file

2 replies

Google search results do not show in Safari browser history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.