Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With Latest IOS operating system on MacBook Pro having Difficulty moving folders from desktop to document folders. They open rather than drag as in the past.

I have a new MacBook Pro with latest IOS operating system. I've updated the system only one time recently. Since then I am unable to move files from desk top to appropriate folders. I was told to press index finger of left hand into corner of pad and then drag with the right hand from the center of the pad. The response is always that the file opens and then really can't be moved. Anyone have an answer? My desk top is very cluttered and making me whack out.

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 7:17 AM

3 replies

With Latest IOS operating system on MacBook Pro having Difficulty moving folders from desktop to document folders. They open rather than drag as in the past.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.