Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Earth with VPP Problems [Anyone with contacts at Google?]

Hello i work at Täby Friskola and one of the schools Ljungmyrsskolan started using iPads a couple of months ago and we have deployed Google Earth via VPP and it deploys a version from 2008 then and it crashes sometimes when loading, and i was just wondering if you or anyone at Google could talk to Apple to get the version updated to the version from 2013 too see if that works better for us or release a newer version as i saw in a couple of comments that worked bad aswell on iPad Airs would be neat if you could contact me on droidbittin(a)gmail and help work on this thanks 🙂

iPad Air, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 7:37 AM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2015 11:28 AM in response to bittin-work

As a test, have you tried downloading the app manually? Here is what is in the US version. You may have a different version in your app store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-earth/id293622097?mt=8

Here are my thoughts. Each country/region has it's own app store. What version is in your app store? It is up to google to update the version of Google Earth in your app store. Have you tried the web version of google earth in your web browser?

R

Google Earth with VPP Problems [Anyone with contacts at Google?]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.