Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unresponsive Screen iPhone 6 Plus

I purchased my iPhone 6 Plus in Jan 2015. I'm running iOS Beta 9.2 and for the past several days my phones screen has been unresponsive. Usually when on the locked screen it still shows animation for "slide to unlock" but no matter what I do I still cannot get it to respond. I can get Siri to open the phone via asking for an App but the phone still remains frozen I guess.

Phone is in impeccable condition, been with a screen protector and case since day 1. I have a APPT with the Genius Bar tomorrow (12/2/2015) but I'm not sure if I will be able to duplicate the problems as the phone does it randomly. Sometimes the battery is full charged and having problems, sometimes will go all day when the phone is in low power mode. It's very frustrating when you spend a pretty penny to have something like this happen to it. I have reset the settings, restore to factory, last night I had to do 4 hard resets just to get it to work at around 54%. Anyone else have a resolution? The tech support at Sprint (my carrier) is very suspicious that its the iOS since I was the 9th iPhone to come in that day with this exact same problem and all other iPhone's were running on iOS 9.0 or newer.

Please help!

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 8:03 AM

2 replies

Dec 22, 2016 10:20 AM in response to c2v_mama

I have the same issue with iPhone 6 Plus.

To make a long story short, since i have phone insurance with my carrier, i am in my 4th!!! replacement phone with the same issue!!!.

Last replacement did not work right on delivery. all of them exhibit the same symptoms:

- grey flickering on the top of the screen

- screen is not responsive to touch at all.

- comes at goes at will.

- eventually becomes useless as impossible to answer calls.

I am even told by Apple employee that this is huge problem with 6Plus across the board. I am really furious that Apple does not do any kind of re-call and does a right thing to their loyal customers.

Guys, think about it, 4 phones (waiting for 5th one to be shipped as a replacement but my hopes are ZERO) have the same issue.

Searching forums - I see tons of people complaining on the same thing. Considering the price of the device - one would expect a bit more feedback and assistance from Apple.

I went to the Apple story and was told since i am not on warranty - i need to pay ~$150 and get a new phone which is still 6Plus and be at the same risk.

Fine, i would be OK to pay but, for God sake, give me another model like 6S Plus that is not prone to this issue.

otherwise it is a bad business on my books.

Would love to hear from Apple and get some customer loyalty

Unresponsive Screen iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.