Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Retina keyboard and trackpad don't work

I've had my Macbook Pro for 3 months with everything being fine....until this morning, after booting up, the keyboard and trackpad don't work. External USB keyboard/mouse items do work.

I've checked around and other people seemed to have had the same issue, but all the reset methods mentioned (SMC, NVRAM) don't work. I've spoken to Apple who say that they will need to take a look at it and maybe repair it. But since I use this for my work I can't be without it for 3-5 days, as I won't get paid!

Has anyone fixed this issue themselves? Did the resets work or was it a hardware issue?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:24 AM

You can go to universal access and make sure setting are good,such as sticky key is off in keyboard and mouse key is off in mouse and trackpad. Or use Command R to restore the operating system. Should make sure all your fills are backed up Doing a restore only effects the operating system, but backup is still a good idea. And it this does not solve the problem, you will still need to make an appointment at the genius bar and take it in.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 9:24 AM in response to tomjwilliamson

You can go to universal access and make sure setting are good,such as sticky key is off in keyboard and mouse key is off in mouse and trackpad. Or use Command R to restore the operating system. Should make sure all your fills are backed up Doing a restore only effects the operating system, but backup is still a good idea. And it this does not solve the problem, you will still need to make an appointment at the genius bar and take it in.

Macbook Pro Retina keyboard and trackpad don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.