Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sudden influx of old emails into archived mail on iphone 5

Recently, All my old emails have suddenly appeared into my archive folder on my iphone 5. I usually handle unwanted new mails by opening them and pressing the delete button on the bottom of the screen. This action transfers the new mail to the archived folder. I then open the archive folder, hit edit, then manually touch each mail. Then I hit trash all at the bottom of the screen, which transfers them to the trash folder. I then open the trash folder, then hit edit, and press delete all. I don't know how to delete new unwanted mail directly to the trash. Ye gods. I just looked at my trash folder and all the old mails (from the time forward from acquiring my iphone) have moved to the trash folder. I cannot explain this any better. The first thing I thought was that somehow all my email from icloud got migrated to my active phone folders. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:37 AM

There are no replies.

sudden influx of old emails into archived mail on iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.