Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac only makes repetitive start up tones, Unit is in Hungary, can an imac use 120v - 240 volts

I have a customer who claims his newly delivered iMac ,which by the way ,is in Hungary only makes repetitive, startup tones, He sent me a phone video of the imac it has ablack screen and only repeats the startup tones, unit was working flawlessly when I had it running here!! Anyone have any ideas?? He had a wireless mouse and keyboard we tried a wired pc keyboard to reset SMC and P-ram to nothing but the same symptom, which also made me wonder about if the iMac has an auto switching power supply??? Ugh!! Please help if you can!!

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 8:42 AM

2 replies

iMac only makes repetitive start up tones, Unit is in Hungary, can an imac use 120v - 240 volts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.