Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport utility not compatible whit base station

I bought an Airport Express model 2005, when I try to connect to my Macbook pro I get the message: This version Of Airport Utility is not compatible whit this base station"

Any suggestion on what to do? thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Airport express model 2005

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:57 AM

Apple no longer supports the older 802.11g base stations with the newer OS X versions.

You basically have only three choices:

1. Use a Mac running OS X Snow Leopard or earlier.
  2. Use a PC running either Windows XP or 7. Although you may also find those running Win 8 or 10 to work as well.
  3. Replace your Express with a newer 802.11n model.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 9:57 AM in response to ichotorres

Apple no longer supports the older 802.11g base stations with the newer OS X versions.

You basically have only three choices:

1. Use a Mac running OS X Snow Leopard or earlier.
  2. Use a PC running either Windows XP or 7. Although you may also find those running Win 8 or 10 to work as well.
  3. Replace your Express with a newer 802.11n model.

Dec 1, 2015 9:57 AM in response to ichotorres

Unfortunately, Apple calls your older AirPort Express "obsolete", so it will not work with newer operating Mac operating systems.

You will need......or be able to borrow for 10-15 minutes.....a Mac running a much older operating system like Leopard (10.5.x) or Snow Leopard (10.6.x), or a PC that has AirPort Utility 5.6.1 for Windows installed on the device.

Airport utility not compatible whit base station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.