Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Credit Card not accepting in iTunesStore

HHow can I give a quotestion to app,e support ? They are annoying me . With credit card iTunes . im not able to download anything they are not accepting emoty cards. I loved Apple until that even I was about to purchase. .now they start to annoy Me . Please change the credit card add the none again.

<Re-Titled By Host>

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 7:41 PM

3 replies

Dec 1, 2015 8:39 AM in response to Safiya177

Safiya177 wrote:

HHow can I give a quotestion to app,e support ? They are annoying me . With credit card iTunes . im not able to download anything they are not accepting emoty cards. I loved Apple until that even I was about to purchase. .now they start to annoy Me . Please change the credit card add the none again

You don't have to have a credit card but it is normally used at some point to validate your address so that, for example, you don't try to access the store of a different country. If you have one but cannot get it verified then there is usually some minor discrepancy between the details that you are entering and those that the institution has on file for you - check against a statement. You may have trouble changing the payment method to None while verification is outstanding.

There are normally some hoops you can jump through as you create your iTunes account that workaround the need for a card, otherwise once the account is set up iTunes may still expect you to provide one, which you can subsequently remove. If you don't have or want to use a credit card at this time you can try this method...

1. Enable the menu bar if needed with Ctrl+B (Applies to Windows only)
  2. Sign out of the iTunes Store from the Store item on the menu bar
  3. Go to iTunes Store home page
  4. Go to Quick Links > Redeem
  5. Sign in with your Apple ID
  6. Go through the screens, accepting the EULA, etc. You should arrive at a Review Payment screen where one of the options is None - select this and continue. You shouldn't actually need to redeem a new voucher/card.

tt2

Credit Card not accepting in iTunesStore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.