Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I turned off keychain on my iphone 4s because I did not want my apple id to show up as opposed to my number as it was doing under keychain. I am now unable to send ssm textes to past keychain recipients of texts (those who have apple products)

Hello:
It is now a challenge for me to send text ssm messages on my iphone after turning off keychain.

I turned off keychain on my iphone 4 because I did not want my apple id to show up as opposed to my number, as it was displaying in the text header while keychain was enabled. I am now unable to send ssm texts to past keychain recipients unless I have to take some extra steps. I receive an error message saying keychain can not send it. I then select the little red exclamation point and select send as ssm.

Other non-apple recipients of my texts without keychain now see my phone number and can receive texts from me without issues, but with apple keychain users, I have to take this extra step to send as ssm text.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Thank you.

iPhone 4, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:07 AM

There are no replies.

I turned off keychain on my iphone 4s because I did not want my apple id to show up as opposed to my number as it was doing under keychain. I am now unable to send ssm textes to past keychain recipients of texts (those who have apple products)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.