Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My music won't shuffle song in genre

When I listen to music in my iTunes, I am able to shuffle song via artist, shuffle all song. BUT I am NOT able to shuffle songs via genres selection, when I enter the genres selection and select one of my genres such as soft rock, it is selected by artists and song. It does not give me the option to listen to all the songs within each genre I created in my iTunes.

How can this be fixed?

I want to be able to listen to all the songs within the genre I created for myself via iTunes. I don't want to create playlists for each genre I want.

Thank you,

Kate

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 8:24 AM

5 replies

Dec 13, 2017 10:48 AM in response to noska10

I have the same issue. For example, I have 19 songs in my Holiday genre, and it will shuffle all songs on my laptop, but will only shuffle the same 14 songs, not the other 5. It's super frustrating, especially when you are driving or cleaning and it will not play all songs... the first question on this issue was wrote in 2015.. but there still was no definite answer on how to fix this. C'mon Apple.. for the cost of the phones/service and as many updates you guys do this shouldn't be an issue.

Dec 3, 2015 8:16 AM in response to ed2345

Hi...

Thank you for responding....I am actually able to shuffle in my laptop itunes music. But I am unable to do the same on my iphone 6 Plus. I used to be able to shuffle my songs in Genre, but now it has me select per artist within my genre, AND it plays individually, it doesn't play all the song automatically within my genre.

Best,

Kate

My music won't shuffle song in genre

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.