Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reverting to Factory Settings

Unfortunately, I have managed to screw up some of the script entries in my registry, resulting in my not being able to uninstall my Adobe Illustrator and InDesign software (let alone re-install it!). So - in a last attempt to sort the problem out - I wish to revert my 21.5 iMac back to Factory Settings and try to re-install all my software! Could someone tell me if this is the only way to sort this problem out - and if it is, how do I go about it?

I have tried several Time Machine re-installations, but although it tells me that Adobe Illustrator and In Design are in my applications, they both present an Error Code 5 message when I try to open them.

Can someone please help?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Intel based

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 3:55 AM

Your profile indicates OS X 10.6.2 is currently installed, I doubt this is correct. Please advise what version of OS X is currently installed and then we can tell you what to do to set the computer to factory settings. Basically you will need to do an Erase and Install of OS X, however how do that step has changed from 10.6.x to current versions of OS X.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2015 3:55 AM in response to acprinting

Your profile indicates OS X 10.6.2 is currently installed, I doubt this is correct. Please advise what version of OS X is currently installed and then we can tell you what to do to set the computer to factory settings. Basically you will need to do an Erase and Install of OS X, however how do that step has changed from 10.6.x to current versions of OS X.

Dec 2, 2015 3:55 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Dear rkaufmann87,

Many thanks for your prompt reply, which I'm pleased to say I didn't need to revert to, as I used my Time Machine back-up to go back to a complete reinstallation of my Hard Disc Drive (as opposed to just trying to re-install my copies of Adobe Illustrator and In-Design).

For your information my OSX version is 10.11.1 and I must say how impressed I am with using my Time Machine Back-ups, (which I have never really used before). It has enabled me to - not only - restore my Adobe programmes, but also some individual files that I had updated before I did my complete re-installation!

So thank you once again for taking the time to reply to my original problem.

Andrew

Reverting to Factory Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.