Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to control Apple TV 4 with an iPhone?

My Apple TV 4th generation is asking me my password for the 10th time and it's making me CRAZY!!!!

This new Apple TV doesn't work with the Remote app???? What the heck Apple!!!

Is there a way to type text using something else than this stupid remote? A keyboard?

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:17 AM

Onscreen keyboard is the only option for text entry on the ATV4. Only Apple knows if/when they plan to update the remote app but as this is a user forum no one can answer with any certainty...

How to turn off password prompts on 4th generation Apple TV

Step 1: On your Apple TV, go to Settings → Accounts → iTunes and App Store → Password Settings.

Step 2: In the section labeled Purchases And In-App Purchases choose the Require Password option.

User uploaded file

Step 3: Now set your preferred level of protection to Never. You can also choose to be reminded to Always enter password for purchases or After 15 Minutes.

Step 4: Also select Require Password under the Free Downloads section and choose Never to turn off password prompts when downloading free apps from the App Store.

User uploaded file

Tip: If you set Require Password to Never in step 3, there won’t be an option to turn this setting on.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 9:17 AM in response to sebastienbrochot

Onscreen keyboard is the only option for text entry on the ATV4. Only Apple knows if/when they plan to update the remote app but as this is a user forum no one can answer with any certainty...

How to turn off password prompts on 4th generation Apple TV

Step 1: On your Apple TV, go to Settings → Accounts → iTunes and App Store → Password Settings.

Step 2: In the section labeled Purchases And In-App Purchases choose the Require Password option.

User uploaded file

Step 3: Now set your preferred level of protection to Never. You can also choose to be reminded to Always enter password for purchases or After 15 Minutes.

Step 4: Also select Require Password under the Free Downloads section and choose Never to turn off password prompts when downloading free apps from the App Store.

User uploaded file

Tip: If you set Require Password to Never in step 3, there won’t be an option to turn this setting on.

How to control Apple TV 4 with an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.