Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri remote swipe issue

I absolutely love my new Apple TV4 but I cannot get the swipe portion of the remote to work very well. It works sometimes and other times not at all. Wondering if there is a firmware updates or a calibration for the remote?

Apple TV (4th generation), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), El Capitan

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:24 AM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2015 9:54 AM in response to scottietae66

I would first suggest letting the remote fully charge then adjust the sensitivity. then next step would be to take it to Apple Genius Bar for further troubleshooting and/or swap out...

Step 1: Go to Settings → Remotes and Devices → Touch Surface Tracking.

Step 2: You can now choose between two modes of tracking: Fast and Slow. Setting tracking to Fast will require smaller thumb movements to move farther on the Apple TV screen. If you choose Slow, you’ll make larger movements to move a smaller distance.

siri remote swipe issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.