Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

duplicate entries in Pages Tables

I have a Pages '09 document with a table. It contains hundreds of entries. There appears to be a lot of duplicate entries. Instead of resorting to finding each one manually and deleting them, is there another way to do this? Also, how can I tighten up the table and eliminate the blank rows after deleting entries?

Frank

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 1:18 PM

There are no controls in Pages '09, or Numbers '09 to remove duplicates from tables. There is a check box in Excel to remove duplicates. There is also a checkbox in LibreOffice Calc under Data : Filter : Advanced Filter : Options to remove duplicates. Copy/paste your Pages table into one of these applications, and after duplicates are eliminated, paste the contents back into a Pages table.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 1:18 PM in response to frank2444

There are no controls in Pages '09, or Numbers '09 to remove duplicates from tables. There is a check box in Excel to remove duplicates. There is also a checkbox in LibreOffice Calc under Data : Filter : Advanced Filter : Options to remove duplicates. Copy/paste your Pages table into one of these applications, and after duplicates are eliminated, paste the contents back into a Pages table.

Dec 1, 2015 2:02 PM in response to VikingOSX

I pasted the list into an excel SS. Then first removed a lot of blank rows by clicking control +G. Then I used the Advance Filter in Excel to copy only the unique records and voila, a pared down list with no duplicates. Boy how I hate Excel. And Word. Oh, just about anything Microsoft. BUT, Excel did come to the rescue this time. Thanks so much to VikingOSX.

Frank

duplicate entries in Pages Tables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.