Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages prints discolored box around clipart

Hello all --

I made a game in Pages and used clipart that didn't have a background to it (just the clip art image). But, when I print the file, a faint discolored box shows up around the piece of clipart. It's still yellow, but a slightly different color than the rest of the yellow background. Does anyone have any idea how to get that to go away?

Thanks!

Nicole

MBP 15" from March 2006, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:35 AM

4 replies

Dec 1, 2015 1:38 PM in response to what_serendipity

What specific version of Pages, and on what specific version of OS X?

Post the clipart image before it was pasted into Pages, and a screen capture after pasting it into Pages (shift+command+4, drag and release around the Pages clipart) — the capture image will appear on your Desktop. Use the camera icon in the above toolbar to post these images back here so we can see what you see.

Dec 1, 2015 9:33 PM in response to what_serendipity

Print to pdf and I think you'll find there isn't a problem in the pdf.

Its your printer, which has bugger all memory and uses a clone PostScript interpretor and can't cope properly with the rotated/transparent objects.

Use vector pdfs, maybe pre-rotated in outside software, and it will probably clear itself.

You never said what format the clipart was, and whether it had an alpha channel or clipping outline to do the transparency.

Peter

Pages prints discolored box around clipart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.