Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Credit Card Verification Problems

I have some things on the apple store that I need to update but it wont let me. It says I need to verify the information and when I fill in all the information it says that my card information was declined. Why is this happening? It wont even let me remove my card to update it. If anyone can tell me whats wrong I'd be very greatful of you. thank you

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:57 AM

5 replies

Dec 1, 2015 10:05 AM in response to Arcantheus

Have you tried just logging into your account, not when trying to download something (you won't be able to remove it when trying to download), and seeing if you get the 'none' option so that you can remove the card's details ? If you can you should then be able to download updates to your apps and free items.

For why it's being declined, the card is still registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account ? If it is then you could try contacting your card issuer and see if they are declining it for use with iTunes.

Credit Card Verification Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.