Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch 4.2.1 will not sync with iTunes 12.1.3.23

I just purchased a new computer with Windows 10. I transferred my iTunes library from the old computer to the new one. My iPod Touch 4.2.1 will not sync with iTunes 12.1.3.23. The songs in are in the iCloud but with a different number of plays than the library that I transferred. When I connect the iPod to the computer it shows in iTunes. When I click on sync, it shows that it is syncing but the play lists on the iPod do not update nor do the play counts in iTunes.

iPod touch, iOS 4.2, iTunes 12.1.3.23 on windows 10 comp

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 2:49 PM

You can only sync with one computer. To switch computers

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

If all the synced media like apps and music are already in the iTunes library of the new computer just backup to iTunes and restore from that backup.

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 2:49 PM in response to maplecreek1944

You can only sync with one computer. To switch computers

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

If all the synced media like apps and music are already in the iTunes library of the new computer just backup to iTunes and restore from that backup.

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

Dec 1, 2015 2:49 PM in response to lllaass

The suggested option did not solve my problem.

I used the iOS: Backup and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunesoption as it applied to my situation since all of my music from the old computer was already transferred to Music>iTunes>iTunes Media. My iPod shows playlists, play counts and last played dates that correspond to the old computer and the data that I transferred to Music>iTunes>iTunes Media on the new computer. The iTunes on the new computer show my music in the iCloud with playlist, play counts and last played dates that are from an earlier time as I had problems getting access to the iCloud on my old computer and had not been able to sync my iTunes library with iCloud on the old computer for some time.

I followed the steps in the option listed above and was able to create a backup and restore the backup. However, that did not impact my issue at all.

In summary, my issue is that my iPod and the music I transferred to the new computer to Music>iTunes>iTunes Media have current playlists, play counts and last date played while the new computer in iTunes show songs in the iCloud with playlists, play counts and last dated played from an earlier time period. I cannot get the iPod and the iCloud to sync.

On the old computer when I had access to the iCloud, I could attach my iPod to the computer and sync and the iPod and iCloud would then be in sync.

My iPod touch 4.2.1 will not sync with iTunes 12.1.3.23

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.