Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google search history never clears when i clear browser history and data

i have an issue which i have only just noticed it happening, it was never a problem before. If i wanted to clear all of my internet history, (including searches made on google), then all i would do is go to settings, safari, clear history and website data, and it would be gone. Or even if i went to the history section whilse on safari browser, and cleared all time, it would go.

however when i do it now, it still shows the google searches!!

This is very annoying as i have to manually clear the google searches, which only clears 3 searches at a time.

This HAS to be an ios issue as it never happened before.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 12:29 PM

Your Google search history is stored on Google's servers. You should be able to clear it by going to www.google.com (do this on a computer), logging in and going to your search history. Go to your account, your personal info, search settings. Down at the bottom of the page, you'll see a "search history" hyperlinked. You can click on that and edit your history there.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 12:29 PM in response to bradztheman

Your Google search history is stored on Google's servers. You should be able to clear it by going to www.google.com (do this on a computer), logging in and going to your search history. Go to your account, your personal info, search settings. Down at the bottom of the page, you'll see a "search history" hyperlinked. You can click on that and edit your history there.

Dec 1, 2015 12:38 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks for the hel but your wrong.

i'm not signed into google and havent been for a long time.

i Just signed in and saw searches made from 2 months ago and older, however this has nothing to do with the recent searches ive made, and the fact clearing browser history and data doesn't clear google searches made. I find it strange. It always used to, even when just clearing safari history clicking 'all time'

Dec 1, 2015 12:43 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

You know what, if im in safari and i click on History -> Clear -> All Time ... This is the only thing that clears the google search box, apart from doing it manually on the google search box itself.

going to Settings -> Safari -> Clear History and Website Data ... Does not do this!! Suprisingly!! you would think it would as afterall this is meant to clear EVERYTHING, inc data.

Dec 1, 2015 1:41 PM in response to bradztheman

Settings> Safari> Clear History and Website Data on my iPhone completely clears out all browsing history, as evidenced by the History bookmark on my iPhone. I didn't have to log out of Google at all, it just worked, right from my iPhone.

If by "history" you're referring to what you see as you start typing in Google's search box, that's not your search history. That is Google's prediction of what you're searching for, I suppose based on some modeling of what's trending.

Google search history never clears when i clear browser history and data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.