Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New air port express is not showing up in Networks. It shows up as Apple Network bf1520. when I click on that network it tries to connect. I want to extend my current time capsule network. What do I do?

I have a mid 2011 27" Mac, I use a an Apple Time Capsule for my home network (connected to a cable Modem). I just bought a new Airport express to extend my network through out the house. When I plug in the new Airport express, it shows up as Apple Network bf1520, not "airport express" when I click on this network it just connects to it, I do not see anywhere that I can set up to extend my network. Did I receive a bad unit? Is there a way to connect it to my current network? Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 11:48 AM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 11:56 AM in response to Jasonvm

What operating system are you using on your Mac? If you are using El Capitan.....as you indicate in your profile.....the AirPort Express will "show up" under the WiFi icon.

User uploaded file

Click on AirPort Express and the setup "wizard" will open up and guide you through. Locate the AirPort Express about half way between the Time Capsule and the general area where you need more wireless signal coverage.

New air port express is not showing up in Networks. It shows up as Apple Network bf1520. when I click on that network it tries to connect. I want to extend my current time capsule network. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.