Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Hi

I was using boot camp to install Windows 10 from a usb. The first problem I encountered was an error message which stated that the Windows support software couldn't be downloaded to my flash drive. I read that the necessary drivers could be installed later so I unchecked the box. The boot camp part of the install then went as it should (creating a partition etc)

However, when the Mac went to reboot and (presumably) boot the Windows installer, the error message "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key" displayed. My problem is the wireless keyboard is unresponsive, and the indicator light on it appears to be suggesting that it is not connected. My guess is that the necessary drivers, such as Bluetooth are not there.

I'd be happy enough to reboot into OS X and forget all about Windows but I just can't see how to get around this issue?

Could a wired keyboard work??

any help is appreciated!

thanks in advance

max.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 3:58 PM

A wired keyboard/mouse will work. If you are trying to install Windows and tried to download Windows software over a wireless network, try a wired connection. to rebuild your USB installer.

2 replies

No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.