Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari redirects to global.mstrck06a.com...

Hi,

When I try to open certain website (www.jamworld876.net for instance) on safari it redirects to various URLs and lands on a suspicious web page on the domain:

global.mstrck06a.com

I've read on an Android forum that this is a web browser hi jacker. Is there a way for me to get rid of this

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 1:58 PM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 5:22 PM in response to mac-a-damia

Try this

Force quit safari. Double tap the home button. Flick the preview for safari off the screen to close it Then single tap the home button to exit the mode.

Then go into the settings, safari and discard your history.

For good measure you can force your iPad to reboot, just to clear out the cobwebs. Hold down the sleep and home keys for about 20 - 30 seconds. When you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot.

Try your site again. However, even if that fixes the issue, if the site has a browser hijack ad on it you will keep experiencing the redirect whenever that ad comes up. You can try an adblocking app (I use weblock). If the issue persists after you clear the browser cache then you may need to research your router being infected.

Safari redirects to global.mstrck06a.com...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.