Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Useless Security Lock Bracket for Macbook Air

Hi Dears,

I have never seen this kind of solution what I have received with this Macbook Air regarding security lock solution ...
That's really funny, I need only a compatible screw-driver and I can easily remove the securitya lock bracket from the comute and It's ready to move it out...

Is there any other rational/smart solution available instead of this silly device?
J

<Edited by Host>

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 1:16 PM

5 replies

Dec 2, 2015 10:13 AM in response to tidzsej

You are correct, that’s quite an insecure ‘secure’ system. Of course I don’t normally carry around Torx screwdrivers so it would be semi safe at least until the would be thief sees the system and realizes what’s needed for a quick getaway.

The only truesecure lockdownsystems I’ve seen for the MacBook Air involve some sort of box or case that the lower 1/2 of the computer is kept in. I’ve included a link to one such system but don’t take it as a recommendation. It’s just one that I know of.

Useless Security Lock Bracket for Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.