Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New mid 2014 13" MBR and Sony camera

Setting up a new to me MBP mid 2014, OS 10.11.1 and having issue with it recognizing my Sony A7R2 camera. I've installed the newly released PhaseOne Capture One 9 software, which I have used for many years, to shoot tethered. The software does not show an attached camera, so I immediately thought it an issue with Capture software; decided to check with Sony Remote Camera Control app before submitting ticket to Phase. Ditto, Sony app does not detect an attached camera, so at this point, I think it to be a Mac OS issue.

The same camera tethers perfectly on my 15" MBP, OS 10.10.5, with the previous version of Capture One and same Sony RCC.

Any suggestions as to next steps?

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 1:20 PM

5 replies

Dec 3, 2015 9:42 AM in response to Peter Chou

Peter Chou wrote:... because the Sony Remote app also fails to detect camera, I think it's a Mac issue.

If you mean Sony's "Wireless Auto Import" app, OS X 10.11.x is not supported in Sony's current (1.3) version. Sony told me they do not yet have an estimated date for an El Capitan compatible update. Because this is Sony software, the lack of an update for OS X 10.11 is a Sony issue rather than a Mac issue. Pending a future Sony update, the only workaround I have found is to retreat to Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) for compatibility.

If you mean Sony's Remote Camera Control (RCC) software, Mac OS® X 10.11El Capitan is shown as supported for your A7R2 (Sony ILCE-7RM2) camera if you are using the current Version 3.6.00.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.11.1

Dec 3, 2015 4:24 PM in response to EZ Jim

Thanks for taking the time EZ Jim, appreciate your efforts. And I was referring to RCC software. I had a Genius Bar appointment booked but just resolved the issue in a surprising (to me) way. Wanting to be sure I hadn't overlooked anything, I repeated tethering with original Sony supplied micro USB- USB cord; bingo, issue gone! I had previously used a 15ft cord, which always worked fine with my other MBP. I know Sony always suggests using original suppled cord for connection purposes and it really made a difference in this situation.

New mid 2014 13" MBR and Sony camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.