Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rendering stalling at 0%

I've been having a growing problem with Final Cut X. It seems pretty frequently I'll try to render from the app and it will just stall at 0% indefinitely. I usually have to force quit the application, reopen and try again. It doesn't seem to matter what type of render it is... YouTube, an mp4, a still image, etc... I

Other times, it will hop right into rendering and be done in seconds.

I've tried updating OSX and updating Final Cut... it doesn't seem to make a difference... I'm still having issues with it sitting at 0% with the status saying "waiting". Sometimes it has no issues at all.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 1:27 PM

11 replies

Dec 1, 2015 2:29 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom, I mean sharing. If I share as a master file, it works. If I share any other way (as an Mp4, directly to YouTube, a still frame, WAVE file, directly to Vimeo, etc... it will stall at 0% with "waiting" as the status and then eventually give me an error. "Error: this is null!"

I know that those sharing destinations have something to do with Compressor, right... I know that I had to create those settings within Compressor and then add them as "sharing destinations" within Final Cut? Could something be wrong with Final Cut's communication to Compressor?

It use to work flawlessly... it started giving me trouble over the past couple months... sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Sometimes I need to reboot. Sometimes I just need to force quit Final Cut and relaunch.

Dec 1, 2015 2:33 PM in response to nedyken

System Specs:

OS X El Capitan

Version 10.11.1

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB

Project Properties: 1080P, 1920x1080 23.98p, Stero 48KHz Apple ProRes 422

Length of this particular video is about a minute.

Dec 1, 2015 2:35 PM in response to nedyken

NO sharing front ℗ has anything really to do with Compressor, unless you use a Compressor setting of course. Compressor does not need to be installed to Sgare to Apple devices or an number of other presets in the app. In fact it might be worth using FCS Remover to uninstall Compressor, especially if you built presets using it. Try using only the FCP default settings to start.

Dec 1, 2015 2:52 PM in response to nedyken

Can you post screenshots of what you're trying to export and what happens in the sharing window? It sounds like the application is looking for something and not finding it, though I can't see why it would work for some and not others. I assume you've trashed preferences every time you've forced quit FCP. Why are you force quitting exactly? What happens when you try to quit the application?

Dec 1, 2015 3:24 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

It doesn't matter what video it is... it's any video

It's any of these options other than master file: http://i.imgur.com/i32Gmco.jpg

It will stay at 0%: http://i.imgur.com/hVjCV3D.jpg

Details will just show it's "waiting" or "writing": http://i.imgur.com/z4ZNVaU.jpg

Most of the time it wouldn't even give me a failed error... it would just sit there for minutes doing nothing... Cancelling would take several minutes or do nothing... so most of the time I would just force quit, reopen and try again. Sometimes that worked. It's starting to work less and less.

I haven't attempted to do anything like trash preferences.

Rendering stalling at 0%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.