Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

some photographs show as black placeholders in imovie 10.1

I make home movies with a combination of photographs and movie clips imported from Aperture. Never had a problem with earlier versions of imovie but I now find that some but not all of the photos show as black placeholders in the movie. My OS is El Capitan 10.11.1 I notice that this is a complaint in the Reviews of imovie 10.1 but see no solution or pattern. Suggestions?

Aperture 3, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 2:16 PM

7 replies

Dec 2, 2015 6:53 AM in response to enzymepudding

You could try logging in to your computer under a different account and checking that iMovie behaves the same - this is to check whether the problem is connected with some third party software that runs in your normal account.

It is working fine for most users (including myself) there have been so many reports of this with version 10.1 and El Capitan that I suspect there might be a bug affecting certain types of input media. I have not seen any clear solution and I recommend you send feedback to Apple at: http://www.apple.com/feedback/imovie.html giving as much detail as possible on your computer configuration and details of the origin and format of affected files.

Geoff.

some photographs show as black placeholders in imovie 10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.