Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 goes totally black when installing bootcamp drivers on late 2015 iMac 27 5k

I have downloaded Windows 10 64 bit iso from Microsoft.

I have the latest version of el capitan and bootcamp

My iMac is late 2015 27 5K

I perform a clean install of windows 10 not an upgrade form an earlier version.

The installation process by bootcamp runs fine all the way until windows 10 launch for the first time and i'm asked to install the bootcamp drivers.

When I click ok to install the drivers it starts to install and then suddenly everything goes totally black.

I see nothing on the screen, not the mouse or anything, it just stays black no matter what i do.

Even when I restart it just goes black on boot up. I've tried to install it several times and the same happens every time.

This is beginning to be very frustrating and I can't use Windows 10 at all.

Anyone else have the same problem, or a solution to this.

Any help to solve this will be appreciated.

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 12:02 PM

12 replies

Dec 2, 2015 2:45 AM in response to Loner T

Hi

I did not have the OSXRESERVED partition on my desktop, only the windows partition.

I downloaded the drivers as described above and saved it to a usb drive.

It did not format the disk but only saved a folder on it with the rest of the files on the disk and named it Windows support.

Inside there was a folder named Bootcamp and inside there the Bootcamp.xml was located.

User uploaded file

Windows 10 goes totally black when installing bootcamp drivers on late 2015 iMac 27 5k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.