Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4th gen AppleTV Uploaded 1.888 Gb of data in November

I'm looking to see if any other users have checked on the upload activity of the new AppleTV since installation. I've had mine for about the full month of November and was checking some router logs to assess why my data usage was so high this month. I have noticed that occasionally the AppleTV will reset itself back to 1080p picture quality which is overkill for my 720p television and not great for my 300GB comcast data cap. Our household was way over this month and will be charged accordingly by comcast, but appleTV is not the sole reason for the overage.

Perhaps 109 GB is just too much streaming TV viewing, but that doesn't explain the 1.888GB of data uploaded. I have since disabled the reporting of usage statistics back to Apple, but expect that it was enabled for approximately 20 days this month. I do have the aerial screen saver enabled, but ****, that is a lot of data.

Theories or info on why uploads are so high?

Regards,

pw

Edited to include usage meter photo ...

User uploaded file

AppleTV 2, null

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 1:04 PM

3 replies

4th gen AppleTV Uploaded 1.888 Gb of data in November

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.