Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updating to ios9 after screen replacement lead to error

I replaced the screen of my Iphone 6 after it is damaged. Only the screen was damaged. The TouchID was working fine. It was in the latest version of IOS 8.

After the screen replacement everything worked fine, Except the fingerprint. Whenever I tried to open the fingerprint option in settings, it automatically scrolls to the next page and says something like " unable to .......try again". At that time, Apple released ios 9. I tried to update, but failed. Now the phone is in itunes mode. I tried to update to Ios9 and ios8 so many times. Sometimes it shows error 3194, sometimes error 53. I tried everything I found online. It includes modifying hosts file, and installing ios while the touch ID and screen are unplugged. Even the service centre is unable to do anything. I hope I could get some help from here.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, error while updating to ios9

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 12:41 PM

3 replies

Dec 2, 2015 3:00 AM in response to Farashachipra

If Apple replaces the screen it will not kill the product; it will work just fine. But Apple does not make parts available to non-authorized servicers, so any time a screen is replaced by someone other than Apple or an Apple authorized service provider the parts used are either from a third party manufacturer or scavenged from broken phones. Further, the touch id sensor is matched to the main circuit board, so if an incompetent service provider fixes the phone and doesn't understand this it will break the phone. Apple will replace a screen for $109, and will guarantee the work. You should expect the same from anyone else who fixes it.

updating to ios9 after screen replacement lead to error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.