Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access airport outside network

Hello, I just bought an AirPort Time Capsule and I'd like to know if it's possible, and if yes, how could I access it outside my network.

Also I'd like to precise that it's working really slow but I don't know the reason, some tip?

Many thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 1:53 PM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2015 3:10 PM in response to traiesc1vis

Yes. In AirPort Utility, click the Other Wi-Fi Devices button at the upper left.

It's normal for an initial Time Machine backup to take a very long time, hours or perhaps even days if you are connecting wirelessly. Subsequent, incremental backups will take a few minutes at most. Connecting your MacBook Air via a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter and cable directly to the TM will reduce that amount of time.

If you shut down your MBA or take it somewhere else, Time Machine will pick up where it left off when it can. Like everything else with a Mac it works best if you just ignore it and let it work.

Access airport outside network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.