Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 Bootcamp error

Hi

Im trying to windows 10 pre-activated version with bootcamp in my mac. I get to the step where it says copying windows files, then the progress bar stays at the same progress level and a few minutes later an error message comes up. It says "your bootable USB drive could not be created, there is not enough storage available on the disk. Ive done this in the past with other windows 10 iso files; windows 10 insider program preview, windows 10 iso downloaded from the microsoft website and another iso. all of them were windows 10 pro 64 bit and all worked and were up and running and were approximately around 3.7GB. however this iso doesn't work. It has a larger size of 5.34GB and its still windows 10 pro 64 bit. Ive used 4 different usb sticks to install it ; lexar 16 gb, lexar 8 gb, sandisk 8gb and a lexar 32gb. all the other iso's worked with my lexar 8 gb.

My mac is late 2012 27 inch

Processor - 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory - 24GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512MB

it also has a SATA internal 1TB harddrive

Ive also inserted a screenshot

User uploaded file

please please help!!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), late 2012 27 inch

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 2:40 PM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 3:15 PM in response to balkaar123

1. The ISO is the suspect as you can obviously see. Have you verified the integrity of the ISO MD5Sum with the source of the ISO provider?

2. If you have successfully installed W10 Pro 64-bit and successfully activated, you can re-install it again, as many times as you want, since the Mac is now registered with Microsoft.

Windows 10 Bootcamp error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.