Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does my iPad have a virus?

I got one of those scam messages saying I was caught viewing child *********** on my iPad. The message was just one of those pop up messages like the one telling you you have 10% battery left. I quickly closed safari, reopened it and deleted the tab. The pop up had an OK button at the bottom but I didn't press it. . Can I get a virus from doing this? I know it is a scam message. How do I tell if my iPad has a virus?i turned my iPad off and on again and when I did about 10 apps were open that I never use. I closed them turned it off and on again and the same apps were open in the same order. Also my safari changed to the desktop version Google instead of the normal mobile site.i am on iOS 9.1.

iPad Mini, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 2:24 PM

You did the right thing. You won't get a virus from the pop up. You can also go to settings>safari>clear history and website data to get the pop up to go away if needed. -AJ

2 replies

Does my iPad have a virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.