Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore my new iPad mini from and iCloud backup if they are not compatible with iOS9?

My iPad Mini had an internal problem so I got a new one from the Apple store.

The problem is I'm trying to back up my new one from iCloud and I get a message saying

that my back ups are not compatible with iOS9? What do I do? I don't want to set it up as a new iPad.

I want to back up all my info. Please help!!!

iPad Mini, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 5:59 PM

What iOS was used to create the backup to start with? Is it possible the backup was made with iOS 9.x, and the replacement only has iOS 9.0? Check what iOS is on the replacement iPad. If it is not the latest, and the original device had the latest, then you will need to set up the iPad as new, update the iOS, then go into Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. Then you can restore to the iCloud backup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 5:59 PM in response to Appleonio

What iOS was used to create the backup to start with? Is it possible the backup was made with iOS 9.x, and the replacement only has iOS 9.0? Check what iOS is on the replacement iPad. If it is not the latest, and the original device had the latest, then you will need to set up the iPad as new, update the iOS, then go into Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. Then you can restore to the iCloud backup.

How do I restore my new iPad mini from and iCloud backup if they are not compatible with iOS9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.