Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Library Usage - Ghost Photos

Hi, I know this has been asked before but I have tried all the answers I can find.

I have an iPhone 5c. I have deleted all my photos from all my apps on my phone. I have emptied my deleted photos album and still I see 595mb of usage for the photo library.

I have tried turning back the date and time and there are no files in the deleted album

I have tried downloading iexplore and deleting the DCMI folders and still this makes no difference.

I have tried a reset . Nothing.

Does anyone out there have any idea why NO PHOTOS are taking up 595mb of usage on my phone please? And how do I free up this space?

Many Thanks

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 2:07 PM

2 replies

Dec 2, 2015 3:58 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hi, it said 1 photo which there was in my camera roll. However I did a software update and as I was on 9 not 9.1 and when I did this 70 old photos I had deleted from an old Photo Stream several months ago suddenly appeared in my deleted items, once I cleared these the space became free. This seems to be a really bad glitch in the IOS software especially for those of us that only have 8mb phones!

Also I discovered that the iPhone had downloaded the 9.1 update and not installed it using up another 900mb of space on my phone!

Thank you for your reply I'm not sure I've found a solution to the ongoing issue but mine is solved for now.

Photo Library Usage - Ghost Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.